Large Stakebeds are most often used to transport medium to large sized and medium weight cargo including pallets, pipe, cylinders, cylinder 6-packs, cylinder 12-packs, drums, totes, valves, heavy oilfield machinery, oversize gaskets, lumber and more. The stakebed pictured above is equipped with additional equipment including a headache rack and lift / rail gate which allows it to transport cargo that would otherwise be impossible for a stakebed truck.
Large Stakebed Specifications:
- Cargo Weight Range = 1 - 13,999 lbs
- Cargo Dimension Range = 8'W x 24'L flat open bed that can fit up to 12 standard (4'x4') pallets, or other cargo with similar total width and length dimensions
- Headache rack (standard on stakebed trucks) = larger cylinders or top heavy machinery that is required to be secured to a load bearing frame during transit.
- Pipe loaded on the flat open bed = pipe up to 28' in length and up to 13,999 lbs in weight.
- If equipped with a lift / rail gate - loading and unloading of cargo, too heavy to be lifted in or out of the truck, that is picked up or delivered to a facility without a forklift.